- Faculty Profiles
- East Asian Languages and Cultures Major
- Chinese Language and Culture Minor
- Japanese Language and Culture Minor
- Korean Language and Culture Minor
- CHIN - Chinese Language and Culture Courses
- EALC - East Asian Languages and Cultures Courses
- JPN - Japanese Language and Culture Courses
- KOR - Korean Language and Culture Courses
The Department of East Asian Language and Cultures offers EALC majors and minor with three different tracks focusing on The Chinese Language and Cultures, Japanese Language and Cultures, and Korean Language and Culture.
The languages and cultures of China, Japan and Korea play a critical role in our increasingly interconnected world. Through rigorous study of these enduring and ever more relevant East Asian languages and cultures, our students experience the life-changing rewards of alternative perspectives, greater confidence, and sharper cognitive abilities. Deeply fulfilling on a personal level, coursework in EALC prepares students for the global world of professional possibility that lies beyond Wellesley.