- Faculty Profiles
- East Asian Languages and Cultures Introduction
- East Asian Languages and Cultures Major
- Japanese Language and Culture Minor
- Korean Language and Culture Minor
- CHIN - Chinese Language and Culture Courses
- EALC - East Asian Languages and Cultures Courses
- JPN - Japanese Language and Culture Courses
- KOR - Korean Language and Culture Courses
Chinese Language and Culture Minor
Requirements for the Minor in Chinese Language and Culture
The minor in Chinese Language and Culture consists of five courses distributed as follows:
1. Two core language courses to be fulfilled by either
2. Two non-language CHIN or EALC courses drawn from the offerings of faculty in the department, including one at the 300-level (not including CHIN 310):
CHIN 208, CHIN 209, CHIN 211/CHIN 311, CHIN 212/CHIN 312, CHIN 213/CHIN 313, CHIN 223/CHIN 323, CHIN 225, CHIN 230/CHIN 330, CHIN 231/CHIN 331, CHIN 232/CHIN 332, CHIN 243, CHIN 244/CHIN 344, CHIN 245/CHIN 345, CHIN 326, CHIN 338, CHIN 339, CHIN 343, CHIN 381 and EALC 221, EALC 225/EALC 325.
3. The fifth course may be a non-language course drawn from the above, an advanced language course (for Track 1, CHIN 302 or above; for Track 2, any of CHIN 306, CHIN 307, or CHIN 310), or, with the permission of the chair, a course with significant China-related content taken outside the department.
Students entering with advanced language preparation may substitute alternative literature/language courses as necessary with departmental permission. Students should work out their program in consultation with their advisors.