The Department of Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics develops students’ skills and knowledge in physical activities. This base of knowledge and skills is an essential component of a liberal arts education at Wellesley College.
All students who participate in PERA programs will:
- Build fundamental motor skills that enable students to enjoy regular physical activity.
- Develop a fundamental knowledge of the various methods for improving flexibility, strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Develop strategies for self-assessment and goal-setting related to fitness.
- Recognize the positive impact that regular physical activity has on mood and academic performance.
- Adapt to challenging situations as a result of exposure to risk-taking opportunities.