- East Asian Languages and Cultures Introduction
- East Asian Languages and Cultures Major
- Chinese Language and Culture Minor
- Japanese Language and Culture Minor
- Korean Language and Culture Minor
- CHIN - Chinese Language and Culture Courses
- EALC - East Asian Languages and Cultures Courses
- JPN - Japanese Language and Culture Courses
- KOR - Korean Language and Culture Courses
This course guides students to explore Chinese literary modernity through authentic literary texts written by major Chinese writers of the past hundred years. It aims to give students the opportunity to deepen their understanding of modern China in both its historical and cultural practice. Instead of language training, literary and cultural analyses will be emphasized. Class discussions will be conducted in Chinese, and students are expected to offer their critical responses to readings through oral presentations and papers written in Chinese.
Max Enrollment: 15
Prerequisites: CHIN 306 and CHIN 307 or placement by the department.
Distribution Requirements: LL - Language and Literature
Typical Periods Offered: Spring
Semesters Offered this Academic Year: Not Offered